Koi umeed bar nahi aati...



Koi umeed bar nahi aati
Koi surat nazar nahi aati

There is no hope to be found
There is no resolution to be sought

Maut ka aik din moeyyin hai
Neend kyun raat bhar nahi aati

Death is destined to arrive one day
But why does sleep fail to come all night

Aage aati thi haal-e-dil pe hansi
Ab kisi baat par nahi aati

Once I was able to laugh at the predicament of my heart
Now I am unable to laugh at anything

Jaanta hun sawab-e-ta’at-o-zuhad
Par tabeeyat idhar nahi aati

Though I am aware of the rewards of prayer and virtue
But I am prohibited by my disposition

Hai kuch aisi hi baat, jo chup hoon
Warna kiya baat kar nahi aati

This matter is such that I am prevented from speaking of it
Otherwise what is there that I cannot speak of

Kyun na cheekhun ke yaad karte hain
Meri awaaz gar nahi aati

Why shouldn’t I shout for I reminisce
Yet my voice fails to produce any sound

Daagh-e-dil, gar nazar nahi aata
Boo bhi aye chaara gar nahi aati?

Though the wound of my heart cannot be seen
but my healer, even a trace of its smoldering is missing

Ham wahan hein, jahan se hum ko bhi
Kuch hamari khabar nahi aati

I am in such a state, from where even I am
Unable to get any news of myself

Marte hein aarzoo mein marne ki
Maut aati hai, par nahi aati

I am dying of impatience in hope of death
Death appears,yet fails to arrive

Kaabe kis munh se jao ge Ghalib!
Sharm tum to magar nahi aati!

How will you go to Kaaba, O Ghalib!
You do not bear any shame!



No comments:

Post a Comment